Why should you support Transit Now?
Transit Now will provide critical improvements to the transportation infrastructure in King County.
Transit Now will:
- Remove more than 50,000 cars from King County roads every day.
- Increase Metro bus service by 20%.
- Help Metro keep pace with population and job growth in King County.
- Provide new service to growing residential and job centers throughout King County.
- Create five new Bus Rapid Transit corridors between:
- Shoreline and downtown Seattle
- West Seattle and downtown Seattle via West Seattle Bridge
- Ballard and South Downtown stadium area
- Federal Way and Tukwila
- Bellevue and Redmond
- Purchase environmentally friendly, low emission, hybrid diesel-electric buses.
- Relieve overcrowding and increase frequency on bus routes to job, shopping and recreation centers.